Established in 2004 as a tribute to Robert J. Sovchik for his academic accomplishments and contributions to both the university community and Delta Upsilon Fraternity. Bob has given generously of his time, his experience and his resources to advance the mission and principles of the Fraternity. The Robert Sovchik Memorial Scholarship Fund provides merit-based scholarships to deserving Kent State undergraduate and graduate students who are members of Delta Upsilon.
UNDERGRADUATE FELLOWSHIP CRITERIA
- Must be an active member in good standing with the Fraternity.
- Must be a full-time student, in good standing, at Kent State University.
- Must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA or better (on a 4.0 scale). Official copy of transcripts must be provided.
- Must submit at least three letters of recommendation (one from a faculty member. one from an undergraduate chapter officer, and one from a community leader or Delta Upsilon alumnus).
- Must submit and essay of not more than 250 words.
- Consideration will be given to academics/GPA, chapter service, campus activities and honors, community service, letters of recommendation, essay, and completeness and quality of the material submitted.
GRADUATE FELLOWSHIP CRITERIA:
- Must submit a Delta Upsilon Sovchik Scholarship Fund application.
- Must be an initiated member in good standing with the Fraternity’s by laws.
- Must be an enrolled, full-time graduate student at an accredited college of Kent State University for the academic year following receipt of the fellowship.
- Must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA or better as an undergraduate. Official copy of transcripts must be provided.
Applications will be made available by May 1. The deadline for applications is July 1, with selection to be made by August 1, with presentation of the award by September 1.
All application materials must be sent to DU-KSU Alumni Chapter Inc. c/o Doug Cassens, 7315 Ashburton Circle, North Canton, OH 44720. All materials must be postmarked by July 1